“In many shamanic societies, if you came to a shaman or medicine person complaining of being disheartened, dispirited, or depressed, they would ask you one of four questions:
When did you stop dancing? When did you stop singing? When did you stop being enchanted by stories? When did you stop finding comfort in the sweet territory of silence?
Where we stopped dancing, singing, being enchanted by stories, or finding comfort in silence is where we have experienced the loss of soul.
Dancing, singing, storytelling, and silence are the four universal healing salves. Gabrielle Roth is a master dancer who has identified the five universal rhythms that are elemental when any human being explores dance:
• The flowing rhythm is a teacher of fluidity and grace
• The staccato rhythm is the teacher of definition and refinement
• The rhythm of chaos is an announcement of creativity seeking form
• The lyrical rhythm is the teacher of synthesis and integration
• The rhythm of stillness is the teacher of contentment and peace
Gabrielle Roth embodies these five rhythms with elegance, grace, and mastery. She reminds each individual of the beauty and the mystery found in the human body when it engages in any of the five rhythms. And she shows how the five rhythms bring us into our own definition, fluidity, integration, creativity, and contentment. Gabrielle Roth has made an outstanding contribution to the universal healing salve of dance. She has initiated thousands of people back into their body wisdom.”